Life has got away on me recently, so suddenly I find myself lucky enough to have accumulated THREE Liebster Award nominations, which is so sweet of my fellow bloggers. Thanks to all of you.
The Rules are:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and make them happy!!
- Make up to 11 questions and ask them to your nominees!
- Notify your 11 nominees.
Here are 11 Facts About Me:
- I’ve recently started doing boxing at the gym and love it!
- When I’m not blogging, I work as a land surveyor.
- I have a deep affinity with white tigers.
- I have Irlen Syndrome, so wear blue/green tinted glasses for reading and computer work.
- My study walls are plastered with cut-out picture of kittens.
- I get my best writing ideas when I am in the garden.
- I play the piano.
- I love to stand outside in the dark.
- I have three university degrees (don’t ask!).
- My favourite flower is the daisy.
- I was born in March and am a Piscean.
Here are the answers to HEAPS of questions (a combination from the 3 nominations):
What is your favourite movie? Hard to say, but I love Flushed Away.
What is your favourite book? why? Women Who Run with the Wolves by Clarisa Pinkola Estes because it holds wonderful wisdom and advice.
Do you watch sports (NBA-NFL)? If so who is your one favourite player from each sport? I don’t watch sports much.
Have you ever skydived before? If so, how was it? Hell no!!
Do you meditate? No, but I do small mindfulness exercises throughout my day.
What is your favourite colour? Blue.
What’s your favourite food? French toast with cinnamon and real maple syrup.
What is your least favourite food? Cane sugar – my body hates it and I get a migraine.
What meal or dish can you make really well? Moussaka.
What is favourite thing to do when you have time by yourself? Write.
What is your favourite trip you took and why? Brisbane, because my brother lives there.
Do you believe in God? I believe there is a God.
Do you feel that GOD is with you at all times? No, I believe he is within me.
Where are you from? I was born in Auckland, New Zealand. I still live in NZ, but further north.
What do you like rain or snow? why? Rain, because those negative ions make me feel great and I get to wear my gumboots.
Do you have any pet(s)? A cute cat called Evey, and a chicken called Chicken.
What is one of your best memories in your life with your family? A holiday on the Gold Coast of Australia where Dad paid for us to go up in a helicopter.
What Inspired you to start writing? The great books I was reading.
What inspires you to write? The voice in me that has things to share.
What motivates you to keep blogging? The joy of it and the community.
Do you listen to music while you write? Yes, usually instrumental.
In two words or less, how would you describe your sense of Humour? Dirty and sarcastic.
What is your favourite quote? Winston Churchill: “Never, never, never give up. If you are going through hell, keep going!”.
What are you reading at the moment? “Brave, not Perfect”.
When do you feel the most creative? The start and finish of the day.
What do you wish you were better at? Coping with mean people.
What is your most important goal/aim in life? Simplicity and serenity.
Do you wanna be famous? No, I like my privacy.
If you could be on a talk show which one would you choose and why? OMG, never!
Who’s your inspiration? Meryl Streep.
Have you ever got broken? Yes, when my father died.
Are you happy? Yes, I have great friends at the moment.
I nominate the following bloggers if they choose to participate:
- The White Bouquette
- Encounter Soul
- Simply Chronically Ill
- J. H. Ward’s life Blog
- A Jeanne in the Kitchen
- Katie Kay
- The Huntress 915
- Relaxing Lavender
- Scott’s Place
I ask these 11 questions of my nominees:
- Where is the most beautiful or majestic place you’ve seen?
- What sort of weather is your favourite?
- Have you ever saved a life? How?
- What is your favourite quote?
- If you had a spirit animal, what would it be?
- What is the most valuable quality you look for in people?
- Is there something in this world that you haven’t seen, but that you want to see before you die?
- What’s your favourite song?
- What scares you the most?
- What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
- What is your next big adventure?
I hope this has given my readers some cool new blogs to check out, as well as some disturbing revelations about me 😉