The Blogger Recognition Award is an online award given by bloggers to other bloggers as a way of recognising the efforts they put into their site.
I want to thank both Julie Krupp (Enhanced Perspective) and Mr Holliman (A Happy Life) for both nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award. While these lovely people post very different content, they are both focused on living wonderful lives, and I thoroughly enjoy both of their blogs. You won’t regret checking out what they have to say!
The Rules for the Blogger Recognition Award
Thank the nominator, and publish a post on your blog about receiving the Blogger Recognition Award. Make sure to provide a link to the nominator’s blog in your post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 10-15 other bloggers for this award, and inform them of their nomination.
A Brief History in
It was October 2016 when I took a course at the local polytechnic in eBook publishing. One of the course requirements was to start a website/blog as a marketing tool for promoting our little eBooks. My first (and possibly silliest post) was called Chicken Wanted – Red or Alive.
Over the years I posted on and off, learning how to use WordPress and trying to work out what I actually wanted to blog about. Strangely enough, I got the odd like and follow. Then I discovered my WordPress Reader and I was hooked!
It was only April/May this year that I started to post more regularly and started being more social in the blogosphere, and the rest is history. Here I am with just over 100 followers, making wonderful friends, and frankly, getting a little addicted to blogging. I suppose there are worse vices to have!
Advice to New Bloggers
I am still a “new blogger” myself, but I suppose I would have to suggest the following:
- Don’t feel pressured into posting every day (unless you particularly want to and can manage that). Aim for quality over quantity so that when people visit your site you have good strong content that they will find useful or fun. This will also give you time to learn how the blogosphere and your blogging platform works.
- If you can’t post, then comment. I swear I got about 25 recent followers in a very short period of time while I was in bed fighting the flu. I was too sick to post anything, but I was VERY bored and checked out a lot of new blogs, commenting and liking as I went.
And the Nominees are…
I realise that some of you may not participate in awards, so there is no pressure to conform. Regardless, I want to thank you all for being part of my community!
- the orang-utan librarian
- Improve My Wellbeing
- Create Space
- Renard’s World
- James H.Ward’s Life Blog
- I Won’t say I’m in Love with Reading
- Eilidh Horder
- The Workhouse Restaurant Mysteries
- Neverending Stories Quotes
I hope you take the time to check out these bloggers, who put in an amazing effort on their sites, and as a result are all creating something truly wonderful.